Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants.thumb.jpg.0a6deb4bf0886533629e2bdc08293bc9.jpg

andre2

ITF filter for the coronado PST.

Hi, i want to try to put a new ITF filter for the coronado pst. Someone told me that he use the beloptic ITF filter and now  he can use an 2x Barlow and 13 mm Nagler . With the original filter this was not posseble. Is the beloptic a good choice to improve the view of the pst?  Is iT easy to put iT in the scope myself and remove the original? Thanks!!  ( i dond know for sure if its still available and how to order....) thanks for the tips!

Edited by andre2

The hardest bit is getting the original filter out. Are you certain it is 'rusted'? Has your PST shown deterioration?

ps

I used a Baader 35nm Ha filter for a replacement for a while but eventually replaced with the Meier unit which is great. 

No, i dond think its rusted . I  just want to know if the beloptic or maier ITF  will improve the few a bit compere to a not rusted good original.  To improve the fews ( a bit) when i zoom in at higher settings (better Surface detais at the higher settingsof the 8=24mm zoom ) if the images are clearer in the new ITF, maby its still worth the upgrade even my ITF is not rusted.....(?) or is iT better just keep on using the original and dond remove things?

Edited by andre2

If you have a good ITF then I would see no major reason to change.

• Like 1

Yes, leave things until replacement is needed.

Okey, i will do that, until its really needed. (Although  its a bit tempting to improve the scope the best possible ways. Maby with a double stack...) thanks.

Edited by andre2