Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging Challenge #16 - Inspirational Skies - Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the Inspirational Skies challenge - some super entries and very worthy winners!

sgl_imaging_challenge_badge_16_gold.png.5849e7e09ca6948d60213f7a7379b013.png

davew - Ladybower Skies

large.1226012512_LadybowerSkiesMilkyWay.jpg.123ffd6656350786b353c8e74cb4192d.jpg

sgl_imaging_challenge_badge_16_silver.png.014edd5e370eca385419826539a5293e.png

Daniel-K - New Brighton NLC

large.1010338032_NewBrightonNLC.jpg.c4eddd283f1781d4a81e9b43002c1ca5.jpg

sgl_imaging_challenge_badge_16_bronze.png.c1f7fdf44a6fc550e3bdc04f5d0938cf.png

lnlarxg - Untitled (Telescope looking to the skies)

large.D45F14FF-C32B-4BC6-9838-EE8627D1A1B6.jpeg.6d7fc9e6c2d755bd9769d9c563422717.jpeg

Well done everyone :)

That was a difficult challenge. It took me longer to think what to enter than it did to drive out and get the shot ! 

It was pure good fortune that the sky decided to play sunsets at midnight :)

Thanks again to Danny who gives us wide-field starscapers inspiration week in and week out and to Inlarxg. If that's your back garden mate then you really do have inspirational skies !

Thanks to all the other imagers who entered. There are a couple of ideas you've given me for the future and finally cheers SGL,

Dave

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

Loving these images, but @davew that is an absolute cracker..... it looks so serene... beautiful :) 

Thanks Sara,

Considering that road across the reservoir is a main road to Sheffield, it's a lot quieter than you might imagine. A nice area to walk in too,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've received my mug and it's way better than I imagined ! Very colourful and shiny :)

As there don't seem to be many mugs ( ! ) on display I thought I'd let everyone see what they look like with a short timelapse shot with a Sony RX-100 and with the mug sat on a Skywatcher Star Adventurer.

Thanks to everyone involved with the prize and to FLO for making it available.

Cheers,

Dave.

----------------------------------------------

It doesn't appear as if it wants to play ! Ah well, that fell flat then ?

5 minutes ago, davew said:

I've received my mug and it's way better than I imagined ! Very colourful and shiny :)

As there don't seem to be many mugs ( ! ) on display I thought I'd let everyone see what they look like with a short timelapse shot with a Sony RX-100 and with the mug sat on a Skywatcher Star Adventurer.

Thanks to everyone involved with the prize and to FLO for making it available.

Cheers,

Dave.

Really nice prize and excellent presentation skills. 

23 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Really nice prize and excellent presentation skills. 

Can you see the video ? It doesn't show for me at all. In fact I can't delete the video now to start again :)

I'd need help drinking from the mug ! Straw anyone ?

Dave.

Archived