Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

Daniel-K

Dream job

Power trip job for a light pollution disliker like myself,  very cool there are places on this sphere that regulate for our cause 🙂

• Like 1

Until reading this, the best job I ever heard of was, 'Fish warden on the upper reaches of the rive Wye.' This beats it!

Olly

Don't bother applying for a Gov/local Authority job in North Wales unless you are at least fluent in both Welsh and Polish!! LOL.

ive gota sister who works for the gasboard, wanna meter ? 😀, my job takes some beating I'm a wild welch telescope hearder 😉. charl.

• Haha 2

Interesting that it's made it to local media...maybe there aren't many applicants.

As someone said before, it's going to be tough to find someone with all the desired credentials. If you can handle grant funding in third sector environments, coordinate and manage projects, run events, have good marketing skills with an interest in astronomy, I think you'd be in with a good chance of making it to interview. :)

There might be people who fit the bill, but this is such a niche subject, Snowdonia might have a problem finding the right person if they stick to the strict person spec...

As it's a local authority post, thse two years might be extended, funding and service needs dependant...

"A spokesman said: "In search of the next Brian Cox!"

later in the article...
"It is a two year contract with a salary of up to £23,111"

I wish them best of luck.... :)