SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Old 2016 HD capture 15 objects in 28 minutes

Howie_Oz

Need my old network drive for non-Astro stuff so checked content before deleting. Found this old late 2016 HD desktop capture from very dark site ... town of Leyburn 3 hours from Brisbane. Single 15 second frames with the  DSLR in order to avoid the wind bouncing the scope too much. Nearly all are low hanging bright objects, however the last two objects weren't quite "low hanging fruit" being the western and eastern veil. These were single 30 second frames. Its a 28 minute vid as I blab on as usual, but its live ... no gaps. It includes selecting the target, punching it in the hand control, the slew time, the 15 second shutter and then finally see the image in astrotoaster. Still manage to do 15 objects in that 28 minutes though. So still very fast acquisition. Speed the video up to 2x normal (a) to shorten it a bit and (b) to hear me sound like Donald Duck!

Archived