EQ Mod Zenith Limits?

I can set meridian limits and horizon limits but what I really want to set is limits around the zenith to stop the mount crashing my camera into my tripod, can it be done, and if so how? 

Just now, russp said:

I can set meridian limits and horizon limits but what I really want to set is limits around the zenith to stop the mount crashing my camera into my tripod, can it be done, and if so how? 

I would have thought the tripod wouldn't be an issue if pointing at the zenith unless you're near your meridian limit anyway?  Set your EQMOD mount limits earlier if your camera is fouling quite early.  Another possible help is to get a SW extension which FLO does for the AZ EQ6.

2 hours ago, RayD said:

I would have thought the tripod wouldn't be an issue if pointing at the zenith unless you're near your meridian limit anyway?  Set your EQMOD mount limits earlier if your camera is fouling quite early.  Another possible help is to get a SW extension which FLO does for the AZ EQ6.

Trouble is that will give me a whole slice of the sky each side of the meridian I can't goto rather than just a small circle around the zenith.

Archived