Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrodinsk
      The Carina Nebula is a large complex area of bright and dark nebulosity in the constellation Carina. It is located in the Carina–Sagittarius Arm, about 8,500 light-years from Earth. Pro Dataset @telescope.live Telescope: ASA 500N Focal Length: 1900 mm Mount: ASA DDM85 Camera: FLI PL 16803 H-Alpha: 3x600s OIII: 3x600s Bicolour Processing: Pixinsight
    • By Quetzalcoatl72
      Not sure what topic to put this in but I've been struggling with deep sky stacker, because of my optlong ccd light pollution filter most nebulas come out one shade of red, for example the Monkey's head nebula, see attached example. Dumbell and ring turned out as seen online and Stellarium. All 3 images were taken with a rct f/8 and a canon 600DA. I've never tried these objects without the filter as I got new equipment and this is the most active I've been in my hobby for many years. I'm not spending hundreds or thousands on software so preferably if i can get the correct colour on these with dss or some other free/semi free software that would be great. Thanks 

• By MarsG76
      This is NGC3603 and NGC3576 (AKA The "Statue of Liberty" nebula), a massive H-Alpha region containing a very compact open cluster, located in the constellation "Carina" about 20,000LY away.
      I took this photo during two nights, 14th and 15th March 2021. Imaged using a active cooled and full spectrum modded Canon 40D DSLR attached to a 80mm f6.25 refractor on a CGEM equatorial mount.
      Total exposure time was 3 Hours and 31 minutes in natural color through UV/IR Cut filtered subs from a semi rural sky.
      RGB: 19x60s, 19x120s, 18x180s and 20x300s subs @ ISO1600.
    • By Gerr
      The 6th January was clear and still and so at last a good night for imaging (not perfect as Moon was still waning).
      My 8" SW 200P Reflector was wanting to be used and so it was carefully mounted onto the HEQ5 and payload maxed out with the imaging train.
      Yeah I know - this combination is a big ask for the job (but an EQ6 is beyond me at the moment!). Anyway with careful balancing and hardly any wind it was worth trying!
      Nebula were best targets and again new ones for me.
      These were the Bubble Nebula, Cave Nebula and Monkey Head Nebula. The Optolong L-eNhance Dual Narrowband Filter was used for all images.
      Usual calibration frames and dithered instead of Dark's. Other 'Astro Stuff' is in my signature. 
      Any constructive criticism's welcome.
      Gerr
      Bubble Nebula (Sharpless 162) 15x240secs (1 hour of data).
      Cave Nebula (Sh2-155) 7x240secs & 23x300secs (2hrs 23 mins).
      Monkey Head Nebula (NGC 2174) 44x240secs (just under 3hrs).

• By AstroM1
      Nikon D5100 + WO ZS73 II Star Adventurer Pro 150 x 30 sec + DOF

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.