Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Finally making progress with guiding and dithering and the autofocuser , sw200pds ,  modded canon 1000D , Eq6 belt mod -7x300sec 25 flats -25x Bias as darks 

Bubble Neb

Edited by bottletopburly
  • Like 4

Looks good to me a target I've never had a go at myself.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By codeman
      IC4604 in LRGB Filters. Taking for Namibia during my visit in June 2019. This beautiful nebula is part of the rho Ophiuchi colorful cloud, i the center a 3 blue bright stars the reflect the blue light on the nebula.
      Photo Details:
      Lum - 20 x 5min = 100min
      RGB - 5x5min for each channel at BIN2, 75min
      Total Exposure: 175Min (~3 Hours)
      Telescope: ASA 12'' F3.6
      Mount: DDM 85 Unguided
      Camera: FLI 16200 Mono
      Filters: Astrodon
      Thanks for watching,
      Haim
      My Flicker Page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101543943@N04/

• By mikemabel
      My first image of M76 A bit rushed as clear nights are a rarity now
      30x120s Bin 2 Luminance ,SW 102 , ZWO 183MM Pro , OVL field flattener ,guided , processed in Gimp
      Took some Ha as well but poor results for some reason
      Seems an Oiii filter may have brought out some more detail

i know its not great but just chuffed to have imaged it

• By MartinB
      This has been a bit of a project.  Last year I worked out that my 200mm Canon F2.8 lens and ASI1600 would frame the whole of the Veil complex quite nicely.  I captured Ha and OIII data for the east and west nebulae with a Tak FSQ 106 and added this into the widefield image.  Although the Tak data had to be shrunk down it did add a bit of extra resolution where it was needed.  
      The difficulty for me has been the processing.  I have found it really difficult to tease out the faint wisps of detail and have tried the usual routines of micro contrast adjustments using curves along with Scott Rosen's Screen blend/mask inversion method but the results weren't great owing to the close proximity of faint and bright nebulosity.  I'd heard about the PI process tool for removing stars, Starnet, so loaded this and had a rare foray into PI.  This proved very helpful.  It was a luminence created from Ha and OIII using the 200mm lens with the Tak data mixed in.  Then the starless layer was added in PS with the screen blend mode at 50% opacity.  The nebulosity detail was so well preserved I didn't need a mask.  After blending I reduced the stars a bit more using the starless layer again and darken as the blend at 50%.  I should really unleash some of the stars to add a bit of "punch" but I've wrestled with this data enough for now!  I plan to use it further as I look deeper into the Gorgon that is PixInsight!
      Telescope: Tak 106 for E and W veils.  Canon 200mmL lens
      Camera: ZWO ASI 1600 pro mono cmos, Gain 150, offset 50
      Filters: Baader 7nm OIII and Ha
      E+W Veil 10x30 mins each channel for each nebula.  Whole complex 50x5mins for each channel
      Captured with SGP, calibrated, aligned and combined with PI, processed mainly with PS but PI for Starnet.  Ha mapped to red and OIII to both blue and green

• By f33n3y
      Hi everyone,
      Here is the Eastern Veil Nebula (NGC 6992/5), part of a large supernova remnant found in the constellation of Cygnus. You are looking at the wispy leftovers of a star 20 times more massive than our sun which exploded some 8000 years ago.
      Equipment:
      - Sky-Watcher 200PDS telescope
      - HEQ5 Pro mount
      - ZWO ASI1600MM camera for capture
      - ZWO filter wheel, Ha and Oiii filters
      - ZWO 120MM camera for autoguiding
      - ZWO finder-guider guidescope
      - Artesky flats box
      Acquisition:
      - 6th September 2019 from my garden in Glasgow, Scotland.
      - 50x120sec with Ha filter, unity gain
      - 50x120sec with Oiii filter, unity gain
      - 20 flats each filter and 20 darks
      - Controlled using Sequence Generator Pro
      Processing:
      - Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker
      - PixInsight dynamic crop, dynamic background extraction, pixelmath (to produce bicolour HOO image), colour calibration, SCNR, histogram transformation, curved transformation, star mask and star reduction, TGV denoise
      - Final denoise with Topaz Denoise and some touch ups in Lightroom.
      Future improvements:
      - More time on the target (less clouds).
      - Addition of comma corrector to my imaging train.
      - Create mosaic of the wider Veil nebula area.
      - Improve PixInsight processing workflow.
      More shots:
      https://www.instagram.com/glasgowastro

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.