SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A Mars guarded in the archives!

astroavani

KZslmQbRAtL-_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg
Another photo where despite the distance are visible enough details, but what pleased me most was to easily perceive Mount Olympus at 11am as well as the 3 Tharsys volcanoes forming an arch almost in the center of the planet.
I will take advantage here to discuss something that is much discussed, in this case, the issue of color camera X monochrome camera.
I do not want to argue but I believe every case is a case. Many tell me: "Astroavani, because you do not use mono camera, it will yield much more, the photos will get better!"
Simply because in my case this would not be an advantage, and, I explain why easily.
First of all my place of capture, inside a large city with more than 5 million people has a see say, quite fluctuating.
He hardly stays good for more than a few minutes, usually I depend on one or two lucky catches, amid the dozens of total catches to get a good picture. With a mono camera, this luck would have to be multiplied by 4, after all I would need a bit of luck on the 4 channels!
Not enough the above factor comes the second problem which is even more serious.
I live a mere 100 meters from the metropolitan train line, these trains have a frequency of passage every 3/5 minutes depending on the timetable, only stop after midnight. So in an LRGB capture I would have to depend on the interval between the train passes also multiplied by 4. I often lose movies due to vibration because with my deafness problem, I do not hear the trains arriving, I only realize when the planet jumps off the screen capture, thus spoiling another shot.
I know that each one has its problems, I am just exposing my motives of simply privileging the captures of colored cameras in detriment of monochrome cameras.
https://www.astrobin.com/full/374015/0/?nc=user

The phase is similar to yesterday's, but the detail here is quite different. It's wonderful that Olympus Mons makes such a clear appearance here.

Excellent!

What a pity, that you have a metro train causing a small earthquake in your observatory 15 times per hour. It's amazing what you manage to in spite of this!

Archived