Narrowband

advice needed Mease ETX90

I am looking to get a power supply for my Meade ETX90 sp i dont have to keep putting batteries in it,but i have been told i need to find out if the jack plug is pin positive so as not to damage the electronics , does anyone know if it is or how i can find out if it is, my knowledge of electronics is pretty much none existant.  I am planning on using one of those car booster starter packs with a cigarette lighter socket to plug a transformer in to drop the voltage to 9v .

I was going to say the ETX90, 105 and 125 are all 12V centre pin +ve, 2.5mm power plug, but it seems there is a new 'Observatory Model' ETX90 which is 9V. I assume this is the manual for it. There isn't an external power socket but in the accessories section (page 19) the Meade mains power supply with a battery connector style outlet for it is 12V so It appears it will work OK off 12V.

If yours does have a 2.5mm power socket on the control panel (which should be labelled 12V) by the power switch it is the older style ETX90. :smile:

Alan

13 hours ago, symmetal said:

I was going to say the ETX90, 105 and 125 are all 12V centre pin +ve, 2.5mm power plug, but it seems there is a new 'Observatory Model' ETX90 which is 9V. I assume this is the manual for it. There isn't an external power socket but in the accessories section (page 19) the Meade mains power supply with a battery connector style outlet for it is 12V so It appears it will work OK off 12V.

If yours does have a 2.5mm power socket on the control panel (which should be labelled 12V) by the power switch it is the older style ETX90. :smile:

Alan

thank you very much most helpful

Steve

Archived