Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier 33 - Triangulum Galaxy

Toxophilus

This was taken as a last run with my old mount before the new owner collected it and I wanted to be sure that it was running perfectly for them as my new on is on its way.
The 5 nights that I gathered data on were all plagued with fine high altitude cloud and an almost full moon, I ended up throwing a lot of sub-frames away (16 in all, just over 2.5 hrs worth). However I was delighted the the guiding and the behaviour of the mount (having recently cleaned and tuned it) and, given the challenges the seeing presented, the final image. I ended up adding some Ha data in the end just to make this a little different to my other M33 images. If you want more information the astrobin link is: https://www.astrobin.com/373994

M33 - Watermarked.png

10 hours ago, peter shah said:

Nice work Mark Stars look pin

Cheers Peter. I'm delighted with the end result. Some detail was lost in the finer parts of the galaxy due to the fine cloud getting in the way. but careful selection of the better sub-frames helped keep the damage to a minimum. The hardest part was getting rid of the gradients that were left from the combination of light pollution and the cloud 'enhancing' it.

43 minutes ago, bob-c said:

Lovely image Mark, well done.

Bob.

Cheers Bob. I'm delighted with it.

Archived