Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Binzauk

Saturday night sky disappointment

Well, after a lovely clear day here on the Cumbrian coast and the forecast of a clear night sky, it has clouded over!!!

I had my Telescope and all it’s bits and pieces ready to set up, camera batteries charged, power bank charged, all my warm clothing ready to put on, but....

Ah well, I suppose that’s the downside of the hobby. Never mind the forecast for Sunday night looks promising - fingers crossed. 

Haha, that’s always the way. I happen to be visiting my Mum in Northern Ireland and the skies are currently clear. Only problem being that I have no equipment, not even binos. It’s all at home?

That’s just as bad Ian. Looks like we’re both out of luck tonight!

Stephen

Edited by Binzauk

Clear as a bell here despite a forecast saying the opposite ?

If tomorrow does what it says on the tin, it's Ice Giant Night.

Just set up here (first time in weeks) under a beautifully clear and dark sky, only for some clouds to come scudding across just as I start gathering subs.  Guide star lost, along with my patience and enthusiasm.  Have now gone back into the warm and stuck In The Shadow Of The Moon on the DVD player.  Ho hum...

I set up early, then had to bring my soaked scope and mount in.

Now I see I should have just covered it... the rain has headed east instead of keeping coming for me.

Sign in to follow this