SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M33 L R/Ha G B

RobH

Hello folks,

Finally got back to civilisation (Germany) last night from my 3 weeks in Russia and the Ukraine wher the internet was generally non-existent and food was seemingly always buried under mounds of dill :)

I've been working my way through data I got before leaving and here's the latest offering, M33 from the 26th September and the 7th October.

I had a lot of trouble with trailing, but only after the scope passed the meridian so a lot of subs had to be binned. I think it's down to flexure as I've got a ton of weight hanging off the back of the 80mm but I will test this when I get home.

The Ha data was pretty badly trailed, so I copied the stars from the red data and pasted them into the Ha to take care of that, then blended the Ha at 50% opacity with the red channel.

Imaged with my 16HR and WO ZS80FD with the LX as guidescope.

L. 24 X 6 minutes

RGB 13 x 6 minutes binned 2x2

Ha. 5 x 6 minutes binned 2x2

L & Ha-26th Sept & 7th Oct 2008

RGB 26th Sept

Cheers

Rob

9883_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's almost full frame Glenn, I just cropped a very small amount from the bottom where the different colour masters didn't quite match.

The slight pink is down to the Ha as you say Martin, I quite like it....looks like an early Christmas decoration :)

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for the kind words :)

I initially wasn't going to use the Ha as I thought the trailing was too bad, but decided to persevere and I think it was worth it, plus your processing skills only really improve against adversity I think!!

I can actually see M33 with binoculars when conditions are right from our garden, and things have improved more since the local council installed the new low energy streetlights that only put the light where it's needed.

Cheers

Rob

I posted this on UKAI too, and had some advice regarding the pink tint from Eddie Guscott (Practical Astronomer)

He suggested using curves to slightly increase the green to counteract the pink a little.

This is the result....better or worse...what do you think?

Cheers

Rob

9902_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived