SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Cygnus wall in Ha

Rob63

EQ6-R Pro, ASI1600MM, ED120 + 0.85x reducer, Astronomik 6nm Ha filter. 2 hours integration (30x240s) 50 darks, flats and dark-flats.

Windy night, near full moon

Captured via SGP, Guiding PHD2, Processed in photoshop.

This is why I wanted to get into narrowband imaging, Taken on Sunday night from south Edinburgh (Bortle class 6) with a nearly full moon in the sky (95%) and I can still make the most of the limited opportunities we get here.

OIII filter is next on the list.

Cygnus-Wall-small.thumb.png.78560f10b8d1ea2d55c3769979d6c785.png

28 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

Looking really nice - you have some great data there! What settings did you use for these 240second exposures?

Thanks Steve, just sticking with unity gain just now, 139 / 21 offset.

I don't have a filter wheel yet but the camera comes with a 1.25" screw in filter adapter which works very nicely. giving minimal vignetting

25 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Fab image ?? Unfortunately Oiii isn’t as resistant to moonlight. 

Thanks.

I had heard that. about OIII, would a 3nm astrodon/chroma filter make a difference in moonlight ? (hope not I really cant justify the price tag to my wife) .

Rob.

9 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Thanks, Rob -those settings are working well for you.

You can take some credit for it Steve, "Making every photon count" was purchased along with my first "real" telescope a few years ago ?

Archived