Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

FLO

Sky-Watcher SynScan WiFi Adapter

19 hours ago, Danny83uk said:

Wow, Didnt even know this was a thing. Onto the shopping list it goes

I got one for Crimbo, it's much easier using a mobile phone than using the handset

4 hours ago, JOC said:

I got one for Crimbo, it's much easier using a mobile phone than using the handset

If i can use it from the PC in the house i just need wifi for the camera and no laptop outside.

19 hours ago, Danny83uk said:

If i can use it from the PC in the house i just need wifi for the camera and no laptop outside.

Danny,

I can control my EQ6-R from the house to attached deck,  but like all WiFi, interference with other WiFi, walls, etc., all come into play.  I think the EQ-5 has a SNAP port which will allow you to control a DSLR from the SynScan Pro wireless app as well. In addition, once you're connected to the PC/Mac, you can use something like SkySafari Pro 6 to control the telescope.  In that case I run SynScan Pro (IOS/Andriod 4.4+) on a mobile device and tie the wireless in my MacBook Pro to the SkyWatcher Dongle.  There are a few "gotchas" in the setup to be aware of.  Currently, you can't run both SynScan Pro and SkySafari on a single IOS device (both will work on a single Android device), but I think it's being looked into. Also, under IOS, you have to not let the screen go to sleep mode, breaks the connection. For me though, running SynScan Pro on a mobile and SkySafari on the computer works great!  Again, if your EQ5 has the SNAP port, you can pick up a Vello 3 Pin to micro/mini for DSLR work.  CMOS like ZWO are a whole different story..  Hope this helps..

18 hours ago, JayS_CT said:

Danny,

I can control my EQ6-R from the house to attached deck,  but like all WiFi, interference with other WiFi, walls, etc., all come into play.  I think the EQ-5 has a SNAP port which will allow you to control a DSLR from the SynScan Pro wireless app as well. In addition, once you're connected to the PC/Mac, you can use something like SkySafari Pro 6 to control the telescope.  In that case I run SynScan Pro (IOS/Andriod 4.4+) on a mobile device and tie the wireless in my MacBook Pro to the SkyWatcher Dongle.  There are a few "gotchas" in the setup to be aware of.  Currently, you can't run both SynScan Pro and SkySafari on a single IOS device (both will work on a single Android device), but I think it's being looked into. Also, under IOS, you have to not let the screen go to sleep mode, breaks the connection. For me though, running SynScan Pro on a mobile and SkySafari on the computer works great!  Again, if your EQ5 has the SNAP port, you can pick up a Vello 3 Pin to micro/mini for DSLR work.  CMOS like ZWO are a whole different story..  Hope this helps..

InterestingNot sure what a Snap port looks like. I have the V4 handset which has the two ports. One for power the other i have a 9 pin serial cable that came with it. Then on the box i have a port for handset, power and autoguider.

If your looking for Wi-Fi control for a non-Wi-fi DSLR google Weye Feye

On 04/11/2018 at 00:27, MikeWilson said:

Will this work with a Celestron Nexstar SE handset?

I wouldn’t have thought so, I’d guess you’d need the celestron one pal

On 27/10/2018 at 04:08, Danny83uk said:

InterestingNot sure what a Snap port looks like. I have the V4 handset which has the two ports. One for power the other i have a 9 pin serial cable that came with it. Then on the box i have a port for handset, power and autoguider.

May not be on the EQ5..  It's a single mini stereo cable port on the mount itself.  Runs from there to the camera remote control port.. Exposure control in the handset or via the Synscan App if using the Synscan wireless.. but the port has to be on the controller. If you look at a pic of the EQ6-R, you'll see it on the face..

Jay S.