Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Stub Mandrel

Riciulously Large Moon Image

Recommended Posts

Last night gave me almost unbelieveable quality data on the moon. I was using my 150PL, Canon 450D. Exposure was 1/2000 so able to freeze the seeing far more than with a webcam.

What do you do when you are able to stack 75% (and the other 25% were as good as I normally get) of 251 crispy, crunchy moon images? Drizzle!

PIPP, AS!3, Astra Image and then PS to use an unsharpened layer to tone down a few blown highlights and remove faint traces of an oversharpened edge (surprisingly this effect was barely noticeable).

Luckily as it's greyscale and I've used high compression, this is 'only' 18Mb, but it's 8,400 pixels square. Have a click as the preview does not do it justice.

2086926426_HugeMoonImage.thumb.png.9f0b407455da2fa5e40206f9fbf6d45a.png

 

Edited by Stub Mandrel
Adjusted to display better online.
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got "file could not be found"!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Paul M said:

I got "file could not be found"!?

Try again Paul, I adjusted it slightly in an attempt to make it look more like I see it here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cracking shot Neil. well done, it would make a nice print, but ya maybe have to do it as wallpaper with the size. charl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.