SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Two comets..

Hi every one,

These are my first pictures of comets 64P/Swift-Gehrels, 1st pic in Andromeda. 2nd pic, 38P/Stephan-Oterma in Gemini. They are very faint at the moment but managed to get them both to show with  Cpc1100 and Canon 1100d  in the early hours of 21/10/18. Not much to look at yet though, the pictures are  cropped .

Bob.

3 x 150s copy.jpg

2x150s ..38p..jpg

Just realised that this post is in the wrong thread.

Bob.

5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Well done Bob I had a try for 38P/SO a couple of nights ago and failed to find it.

Dave

It is very faint for visual Dave,I think that you will need a good dark sky at the moment.

Bob.

13 minutes ago, bob-c said:

It is very faint for visual Dave,I think that you will need a good dark sky at the moment.

Bob.

Tried with 11x70 bino's but the Moon wasn't helping, even " worse " tonight.

Dave

8 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Tried with 11x70 bino's but the Moon wasn't helping, even " worse " tonight.

Dave

Nothing but cloud here tonight, might be clear towards the weekend.....Then we will have a brighter moon to contend with...Still we have to try.

Bob

4 hours ago, bob-c said:

Not much to look at yet though,

I always feel this about some of my most special pics. The first time I imaged Pluto it was just a small faint dot, not much to look at, but I still felt it was quite an achievement.

Comets are not easy. And you even got a galaxy (at least one) in the first shot.

7 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

I always feel this about some of my most special pics. The first time I imaged Pluto it was just a small faint dot, not much to look at, but I still felt it was quite an achievement.

Comets are not easy. And you even got a galaxy (at least one) in the first shot.

Thanks for your kind comments Demonperformer….    I to do get a sence  of an achievement when I find these wonderful objects in our sky, even

when they are not to much to look at. . Also you may not ever see them again...

Bob.

Archived