SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Perseus Molecular Cloud

Allinthehead

Hi this is Ic 348 in the Perseus molecular cloud which also contains Ngc 1333. A star forming region 600 ly distant from earth.

I captured this data over two nights in October

220 * 150 second subs with the Takahashi Epsilon and Zwo 071 

Mounted on an AzEq6

Captured using Sequence Generator Pro

Processed in PS, APP and PI. Stacked in APP.

Richard.

1585428797_percloudfinalcopy2.thumb.jpg.4b309270e95367be6a62f9c262d1db2b.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RichLD said:

Really lovely job that Richard!

Thanks Rich?

12 minutes ago, peter shah said:

This is beautiful Richard.... I did this a few years back...I was never quite happy with it but wanted to go back and visit. Looking at this I think it might be my next project ?

Thanks Peter. Do it i'll look forward to viewing.

20 hours ago, moise212 said:

Yet another very nice one! And not very common. Refreshing to see something new.

Thanks. Glad too show you something new Alex. 

20 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

That is very nice Richard, one to add to my list of to do’s.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Well worth the time.

19 hours ago, don4l said:

Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks Don.

19 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Just echoing the other comments - beautifully done Richard. 

Thank you too Adam.

5 hours ago, Rodd said:

All I can say is Wow.......wow

Rodd

All i can say is thank you Rodd.

4 hours ago, Shibby said:

Very fine indeed. Love it.

Thanks Lewis.

8 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

Wow, that's a beauty! It's the kind of target that is so much harder than the bright narrowband objects I'm working on right now. I hope to get even near the quality of this shot some time :)

Thanks Martin. To be honest i do very little, the Epsilon does most of the work for me ? and going on your latest image you'll have no bother.

7 hours ago, alan4908 said:

Very impressive Richard.  I do like your processing on this.

Alan

Thanks Alan. The data was good so i did very little, which is always a good thing.

22 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

You had me looking for NGC1333 in there but you meant it was contained in the star cloud, not the image! The pair would make a great mosaic but it would need soooo much time given the general faintness.

Nice one.

Olly

Jump to it then ?

8 hours ago, David_L said:

THAT is amazing! I love the depth throughout the image.

David

Thanks for the compliment David.

6 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

You had me looking for NGC1333 in there but you meant it was contained in the star cloud, not the image! The pair would make a great mosaic but it would need soooo much time given the general faintness.

Nice one.

Olly

Yes a mosaic was in my thoughts once completed, not planned however and would now require 4 panels. Blast it anyway i may just have to go for it. While i have you, when researching other images of this area i remembered yours from about a year ago and you added Ha. Was it worth the effort?

1 hour ago, HunterHarling said:

Great image. You must have a very high quality sky to capture this so well. I don't belive I could do this target justice from my orange/yellow sky.

Thanks Hunter. According to clear outside i live in a bortle 4 area, however i live in a housing estate with sodium streetlights which definitely have an impact. There's one directly outside my house that i wish i could break.?

19 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Hunter. According to clear outside i live in a bortle 4 area, however i live in a housing estate with sodium streetlights which definitely have an impact. There's one directly outside my house that i wish i could break.?

Interesting. If you had used 300s exposures, would they have been swamped with light pollution? My 300s with hyperstar are pretty bad.

Archived