SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

HELP ! new to sequence generator pro

red dwalf

hi all, downloaded the program, with help from a local chap we managed to set up the equipment parameters and we had a target set of m33, Saturday night it slewed to target of m33 as it was al;ready in the target list and the program seemed to work fine, last night i tried for myself on the veil but i could not for the life of me work out how to add a target into the top left box let let alone slew to it, some how he added a target and it popped up as an image on the screen and it would show the frame size of my camera, any help getting me going again gratefully received.

P.S. i have tried reading the instructions from the website, i`m still only a quarter of the way through, it`s a long manual.

6 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

You can always just add a new target manually and enter the RA & Dec yourself.

many thanks, i did try to add the ra and dec co ordinates last night from stellarium, with some success, it did slew but would not plate solve, i have downloaded the plate solve files.

1 hour ago, red dwalf said:

many thanks, i did try to add the ra and dec co ordinates last night from stellarium, with some success, it did slew but would not plate solve, i have downloaded the plate solve files.

Have you checked that your sequence has an associated equipment profile that includes a plate solve option (such as Platesolve2)?

If you want to add a target manually without using the Framing/Mosaic Wizard, on the top left Target List box on the sequencer panel just click the + symbol icon below the Target List. Then clicking on the cog wheel next to the target list entry you can edit the RA/Dec coordinates. If you want to then slew to the target right click on the Target List entry and select 'Slew To Target'. :smile:

Alan

Archived