Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33 - 400 min.

Wiu-Wiu

The first time I use data  from more than 1 night - and even from more than 1 location. 

In total: 80x5 minutes,  adding up to 6.7 hours of data.

Hope you enjoy it; any comments are welcome, as I am still a novice in post-processing. 

Used setup: good old NEQ-6 Pro; 127mm apo with 3" E.S Flattener, Canon 600 D camera, guiding: Lacerta MGEN.

M33 80x5 min.jpg

There are lots of lovely M33 images on SGL this week, and this one is no exception, lots of detail in the spiral arms.  I am also a novice and still find it hard to critically appraise images.  However I am noticing a little bit of a gradient running across the image.

I hope you don't mind, I ran it through PS to remove the gradient and some 'greenness'.

Kind regards

Adam.

image.thumb.png.1058d8600085f8b63ccbad67cc9aa87b.png

I think that's a very good capture and I suspect it has quite a lot more to give. Adam's reduction in green was certainly a good move. I think you could find more colour, too. Keep away from the Saturation slider if you can. In Photoshop you could try these:

Make 2 copy layers. Set top layer to blend mode Soft Light and flatten onto mid layer. Set blend mode to Colour and flatten.

Convert to Lab colour in Image - Mode. In Channels activate 'a' channel then go to Image, Adjustments, Brightness and Contrast and increase the contrast by a large value like 35. Then do exactly the same for 'b' channel. Return image mode to RGB.

These are low-noise techniques for intensifying colour.

Olly

Archived