Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

Terrierist

Astro-Imaging Clubs - North West England

Bit of a leftfield question, are there any Imaging clubs based in the north-west of England? I say imaging as my local astronomy club doesn't seem to have many active imagers.

I'm based in Liverpool but able to travel 40-50 mile radius. I'd even go to Yor.. Yo.. Shi... That place over't Pennines if needed.

Thanks for any advice and to any White Roses reading this, I have my jabs up to date.

Edited by Terrierist

33 minutes ago, Terrierist said:

Bit of a leftfield question, are there any Imaging clubs based in the north-west of England? I say imaging as my local astronomy club doesn't seem to have many active imagers.

I'm based in Liverpool but able to travel 40-50 mile radius. I'd even go to Yor.. Yo.. Shi... That place over't Pennines if needed.

Thanks for any advice and to any White Roses reading this, I have my jabs up to date.

i live in Liverpool, https://daniel-kenealy.myportfolio.com/workshops 

5 minutes ago, Daniel-K said:

Hello, Danny.

Thanks for the reply and sharing your website, some great images there and one of Lindisfarne if I'm not mistaken?  I'm looking for a club to further my Deep Sky Imagery, do you know of any local to us? I'm on the Maghull/Bootle border.

5 minutes ago, Terrierist said:

Hello, Danny.

Thanks for the reply and sharing your website, some great images there and one of Lindisfarne if I'm not mistaken?  I'm looking for a club to further my Deep Sky Imagery, do you know of any local to us? I'm on the Maghull/Bootle border.

just Pexhill in Cronton which is the Liverpool Astronomical Society also known as LAS on facebook.  anytime you need anything drop me  a PM im happy to help

Edited by Daniel-K

1 minute ago, Daniel-K said:

just Pexhill in Cronton which is the Liverpool Astronomical Society also known as LAS on facebook.  anytime you need anything drop me  a PM im happy to help

Thanks, Danny. Yes - this is the club I refer to, when I asked about imaging they said they had an odd one or two members. Appreciate your very kind offer.

on your borderline at 45 miles, but a few from the Preston/Chorley area go imaging at Dunsop Bridge now and again...

CS, Andy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terrierist said:

Thanks, Danny. Yes - this is the club I refer to, when I asked about imaging they said they had an odd one or two members. Appreciate your very kind offer.

Hi,

I'm a member of LAS and mainly do imaging when I get the chance.  There are a few other members that do imaging but I don't think you'll find any club specifically for Astrophotography.  

Doug

Edited by Doug64
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fireballxl5 said:

on your borderline at 45 miles, but a few from the Preston/Chorley area go imaging at Dunsop Bridge now and again...

CS, Andy

Hi, Andy.

Dunsop Bridge is perfect for me as that is the area I grew up.

Be interested to know more.

Kev