SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ieq 45 pro vs heq6r pro

It was foggy last night, but I took a gamble of doing some imaging, so although the seeing wasn't brilliant, here was my guide graph from the CEM60EC: -

398693139_WhatsAppImage2018-10-19at22_51_06.thumb.jpeg.cf4a6dc2f1bac66de037f9d0b0fd0862.jpeg

0.22 RMS error which is pretty exceptional considering the seeing and the odd shaped stars in my OAG, I'm led to believe that the IE45 will produce similar results, with the SW I was lucky to get under 1.0 RMS error. The CEM60 also has zero backlash.

Hope that helps?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I'm not one of these that fools you into the tracking is good by increasing the scale, at 1624mm with bad skies and an OAG I am pretty impressed with that guiding and I hear the IE45 is every bit as good. My equipment weighs around 13Kgs and as I have a bad back it is lighter than the EQ6 but can handle more, apart from my Star Adventurer for widefield I wouldn't go back to a SW.

5 hours ago, hubble space telescope said:

anne S - so if the accuracy of the ieq is better then the eq6 (eq6r pro?) so why the eq6 is still your permanent mount?

Because the IEQ30PRO pro only has a capacity of 13.5 kg and my EQ6 is carrying a two telescope imaging set up. Individually my telescopes are quite light but once you add the mounting equipment, cameras, filter wheels....

Also, I can't afford to upgrade that mount. The Ioptron was bought for travelling so I don't have to unpick the observatory several times a year. I put a 60mm refractor it and an Atik320e colour to keep the weight down.

Have you seen the posts in the other mount comparison thread just above this one? In particular the comments about guiding.

Archived