Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Fozzie

Is this Daft, Should i get on and use it, or wait and gift to my children as planned.

Is this Daft, Should i get on and use it, or wait and gift to my children as planned.  

8 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should i or shouldn't I?

• Yes... Open the box
    • No... Dont open the box

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/10/18 at 23:59

So i have this box in the loft, thats been up there for some time.. its a brown box, it contains clouds amoungst other things.  The problem is, i've currently got the itch to open said box... so should I?   Here's the two "problems" that have kept me at bay thus far..

Firstly, the contents of said box is for my kids, when they grow up, i've earmarked my 1st sons 10th christmas (other son will be 6 then) as time to give said box as a present, depending if he's interested enough. 

By then the box will be at least 13 years old, along with the contents and will never have seen the light of day, or night.  It could quite possibly be a unique item, especialy in fully wrapped/never been out of packaging condition. 

The second preventing factor is i have a perfectly good one of these all ready, so i dont actually need to open the box, but the ITCH is getting me currently.. 

So the question is, save it as you intend, or get on and open it.

little clue below..... if you know, you know..

20180602_153224.thumb.jpg.8bb0702e7e598648c1a02fb65f8d237a.jpg

Edited by Fozzie

... there is probably  a cat inside....  along with a collapsing wave function......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve said no.....

Just think how proud you will be of yourself, and how exciting it will be to watch them open the boxes....

..... and how crushingly disappointing it will be when they are not interested at all ? ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

I’ve said no.....

Just think how proud you will be of yourself, and how exciting it will be to watch them open the boxes....

..... and how crushingly disappointing it will be when they are not interested at all ? ?

I'm hoping they'll be past the stage where the wrapping paper is more exciting...

• Haha 2

id open it, the sun could go supernova at any time and you might no get chance ?, why not it wont hurt honist. charl.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

id open it, the sun could go supernova at any time and you might no get chance ?, why not it wont hurt honist. charl.

wonder what that'd look like through my lunt wedge?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

""bright""? 

VP and continuum filter then...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fozzie said:

... depending if he's interested enough. 

... i have a perfectly good one of these all ready, so i dont actually need to open the box, but the ITCH is getting me currently.. 

If you have one already why would you want to open the box?!

Leave it for your son to open - if he’s interested enough to bother - and get some cream for your itch. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Floater said:

If you have one already why would you want to open the box?!

Because I know it's there.... waiting.... ready to be opened... 

That and I'm doing this stoptober thing... no alcohol now for 21 days... idle hands and all that..

18 hours ago, Fozzie said:

By then the box will be at least 13 years old, along with the contents and will never have seen the light of day, or night.  It could quite possibly be a unique item, especialy in fully wrapped/never been out of packaging condition. 

Sounds like you already know what to do! 

I thought this was going to be a thread asking should you blow your nest egg on an observatory and some really expensive gear or save it for your children to inherit.   The answer to that one is easy. Blow the money! 

The box question is more difficult. Only you can know the answer. IMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

BTW I didn't open the box and the itch has passed! the Box is safe for a little time yet.. feel quite proud of myself.

• Like 1

I was going to say open it as I know kids, and if anything like mine the years of build up will lead to 10 minutes of interest followed by going back to playing the xbox, but good to hear your will power is strong. 

I'm doing the same thing with my childhood Commodore 64k which is stored in the loft....I'm going to get it down when my boy turns 7 in a few days as this was the age I got it.......I'm expecting him to be board even before the first game loads......if it loads! :D

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lockie said:

I'm doing the same thing with my childhood Commodore 64k which is stored in the loft....I'm going to get it down when my boy turns 7 in a few days as this was the age I got it.......I'm expecting him to be board even before the first game loads......if it loads! :D

Used to spend hours playing turrican and project firestart.... thought my world had changed for ever when the kid up the street got an Atari ST.. oh my days, did I save for ever to buy one of those!!  Then another kid got a Nintendo.. game changer.. I ended up with a master system and then a mega drive.. those were golden days, of bike rides, bullheading down the local beck and epic marathon gaming sessions just watching an other kid play his new console that captivated us for hours..

now the longest I spend staring at the same view is on the commute home from work..

Good luck with the power up Chris..

ps im on for a safe bet with mine.. if the kids don't enjoy it, I most certainly will!!!