Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Portable heater to keep the cold away

PaulM

3 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Not exactly that - I prefer to get wrapped up well - but I have just bought a small upright fan heater which I have put in the Dobhouse so that after a session the damp Dob can be dried off quickly.  £10 from Aldi - marvellous!

Doug.

Great fan of Aldi's middle aisle. Currently sipping a drop of Aldi's malt whiskey

I wouldn't dream of using a heater. Assuming the night is still enough to reap any potential benefits from it, the thermals are still likely to interfere with your viewing. 

Think of watching a fire on a still night and remember how the smoke still seems to chase you around. 

On 22/10/2018 at 23:56, JamesF said:

An old ski jacket and pair of salopettes works for me.  I think my wife bought the salopettes from the local charity shop.

James

+1 for the skiing sallopettes.

I think any kind heater would just wreck you local seeing. It's why our scopes are left to cool down before use.

Archived