Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Truss poles bag

planetman83

Hello guys, I am searching of a bag to store and transport the 8 truss poles of my 16" truss dobsonian. I am searching for ski bags or photo light stand bags or fishing rod bags but some are too big, some too small. The length of the truss poles are 140cm. What do you personally use for their store and transport?

I have a custom made one for mine, but it came with the scope so it doesnt have a badge or name on I can give you. But any local interiors or fabrics shop should be able to run you one up, with a drawstring top, in minutes, quite cheaply I expect.

2 hours ago, planetman83 said:

Hello guys, I am searching of a bag to store and transport the 8 truss poles of my 16" truss dobsonian. I am searching for ski bags or photo light stand bags or phishing rod bags but some are too big, some too small. The length of the truss poles are 140cm. What do you personally use for their store and transport?

Do you mean fishing rod bags! - 'phishing' ? ...I am out of here!  

Sorry about this mistake!! :)  I corrected it so no other guy faints... :p

The truth is that I had sewed a case about 8 years ago but the fabric was not thick enough and it is going to collapse any time soon so I am searching for something better. I know I can find it but I don't know how to search it. The tent pole or awning pole bags at ebay are 98cm or 125cm long.

Their terms and conditions mention that different shipping charges apply for non-UK orders and they mention if you are ordering form North America or anywhere else so it looks like they do ship outside of the UK. They are probably closed for the weekend. 

Archived