Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Neb - gradient? Flat attached> 383L+ camera - new flats same problem.

Here is my start on the Orion Nebula - 2 hours and 55 minutes in 5 minute subs (35 subs).

I do intend to add more shorter exposures, and try to layer mask it.  After stacking in APP, and doing the DDP stretch, I noticed a strange gradient.  I've attached my master flat also.   I fully calibrated with Darks Flats DarkFlats and Bias frames.  MY flat was 3.25s long so as to avoid shutter sweep.

Any suggestions on what is causing the curved gradient (top right of image)?

TIA

Adam.

M42 M43 stretched.jpg

MF-ISO_gain_0.0-exp_3.25s-30subs-ARTEMIS_CCD__ATIK-383L__588_-3354x2529-NR-noBl-avg-St.jpg

I redone my flats tonight, at 10s, with matching dark flats, and the problem is the same.  So I went through my subs, and the images appear fine, as do the individually calibrated subs.

EDIT: I played around with the settings in APP.  I think this may have been the problem, I've attached the results, all stretched with DPP 10%BG/3 sigma/2.5% base.  It looks like the LNC setting was doing the harm, but any comments or observations welcome.

Best wishes

Adam

defect comparison M42.jpg

5 minutes ago, moise212 said:

There was an issue recently with LNC around the edges. Maybe there's a new issue. Better write on the forum. I wrote to Mabula on FB about some other issue, but without any response.

I will do this thanks!

I added a single colour sub 300s under this lum layer :D now I know why I love winter

single_colour_with_lum.jpg

49 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Lost me totally too but I'm sure it makes sense to someone 

What was the first image,just a HA or a luminance stack?

Fantastic image Adam

Cheers! Yes the first image was luminance with just the UV IR filter. 35x300s. I have the same in colour to add when I get a chance to process it.  Then I’ll need to go back and get some short exposures for the core ?

Archived