Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon and Mars looking good together tonight - 18 October 2018

Helen

1 minute ago, Helen said:

Nice - Beats my phone camera ?

Helen

IMG_20181018_194917.jpg

Don't be so hard on yourself. Still a great image in its own right, you can see them both, and a very atmospheric image. I can almost hear the Howling lol.

John

Had a look at both comparing views through a 127 Mak, 8" Dob and 30" Dob. Very turbulent seeing so rather poor images, specially extrafocal showing "flowing water" syndrome. Could make out some blurry markings and light albedo areas but difficult to hold a good focus.    ☹️

4 minutes ago, johngm said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. Still a great image in its own right, you can see them both, and a very atmospheric image. I can almost hear the Howling lol.

John

Thanks ?  and it was enough to post on Facebook and encourage my friends and family to take a look ?  Getting nice feedback too..

Helen

Some nice shots there. They do look good tonight. I was just heading home form somewhere and looked up to see the Moon and Mars pair. There was a nice vapour trail going across the moon too. It would have made a very effective photo. No camera with me of course!!! 

Archived