Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Controlling the old with the new!

Guest chaz2b

I've been looking at ways to control my eq6 (old model) from my smartphone, and having purchased both an Bluetooth device and, a WiFi Adapter, the WA came out best,... for me anyway.

The chosen WA was the SynScan adapter from FLO, ordered yesterday!

It took seconds to fit, team up with my smartphone WiFi, SynScan Pro app, and i was away... Amazing!

BTW, The adapter is more expensive on Ebay, so a big cheers to FLO.

Chaz.

54 minutes ago, chaz2b said:

I've been looking at ways to control my eq6 (old model) from my smartphone, and having purchased both an Bluetooth device and, a WiFi Adapter, the WA came out best,... for me anyway.

The chosen WA was the SynScan adapter from FLO, ordered yesterday!

It took seconds to fit, team up with my smartphone WiFi, SynScan Pro app, and i was away... Amazing!

BTW, The adapter is more expensive on Ebay, so a big cheers to FLO.

Chaz.

Have you managed to set up PHD guiding via WIFI adapter?
I failed to :(

I've used the SW WiFi dongle for a few months now and it's head and shoulders above using the handset!! Far more accurate and easier to use plus the Polar scope help. Well done SW for a change!!

(Using an Android by the way!)

Ron

Well, as to the range and signal quality,I’ve yet to have had the adapter long enough to find out,only got it this lunch time.

PHD guiding? Is that a stroll around the campus with a young student studying for her astrophysics?

I can use it with both my Xperia and iPad....happy days ?

chaz

Yes, I've found using the SW WiFi dongle with both my smartphone and tablet to be streets ahead of the supplied handset, so much easier, responsive and reliable. My original handset is back in its box probably never to be used again.

Just a simple effective device that really works.

Archived