Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Neil27

COMPLETED - Explore Scientific ED APO 102mm f/6.7 Essentials

For sale is my lovely Explore Scientific APO ED 102mm triplet refractor.

Lovely condition, great optics that are unmarked and blemish free, views are stunning and pin sharp.

Selling due to lack of use, as a recent change of job keeps me away from home quite a bit, so its not getting any use.

Comes with:

Essential 102mm triplet APO refractor

Tube rings with integrated carry handle

Vixen dovetail

2 inch visual back / adaptors and focuser

Aluminium case

It is the essentials model so didn't come with any finder or diagonal.

Price is £450 ovno due to condition and inclusion of vixen dovetail.

Payment accepted is cash, cheque or bank transfer (which is easiest) or PayPal if buyer pays fees.

Pick up only or can meet half way by arrangement - don't really like sending optics through the post.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions then please pm me and we can discuss in more detail.

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Amazing sale! I would love to buy this if you weren't 4 hours away! :( Good luck with your sale

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By redhat
      Hello everyone,
      Bit of a backround: I've been a keen stargazer when in my teenage years, then couldn't pursuit my passion, but recently, in my forties, it hit me again, as I moved  and life is good (South facing large garden, obstructed only from the North by our house, but then I just move the scope further and viola!). Started with 90mm refractor, but was always thinking of reflector.
      Long story short, I've got my SkyWatcher Star Discovery 150P GOTO a week ago. Bought it second hand, very good condition, and good mirror. Have got two nights stargazing, cought cold and I AM LOVING IT.
      Now I would like to get me a nice wide angle ep for DSO spotting.
      The scope is 150mm / 750mm f5. I've done some reading obviously, and Explore Scientific 82 degree series have all good reviews and fit within my budget. I can afford only one, and apparently  the best for DSOs is the one that gives 2mm exit pupil. Now, for my scope that would be 10mm piece, and that is not within ES 82 degree range, so it's down to 11mm (2.2mm exit pupil) or 8.8mm (1.76mm exit pupil).
      My question is: which one would be better for my rediscovered passion? I'm gonna be using that ep for faint mostly.
      Thanks to  everyone in advance for any kind advise.

• By Varavall
      NOW SOLD!

I only have room in my life for one lovely refractor, so one must go. I have acquired a Takahashi, so my beloved and well cared for William Optics Zenithstar SD66 has to go. It is optically perfect with no scuffs or scrapes. Has been used as a guide scope and astrograph on my LX90. It comes in its aluminum flight case. OTA only.
      Price is £280 or 325 euros, to include postage within the EU.
      PM me if interested.

• By Ignoro
      I've searched the internet (or CN and SGL) and found mixed info about these...
      Do any of you own ES 52, how good are they really? Are they premium simple design like TV plossl, with nice premium coating? Or they are just some nothing special eyepiece with ES stamped on it?
      I can't seem to find any on used market, so no one is selling them. There doesn't seem to be much hype about them now...
      I also found some huge review here, from someone who signed up just to make that review, it does seem a bit odd 👨‍👩‍👧‍👧... 

• By MakeItSo
      Hello All, 
      I have a quick question. I am thinking (very loosely) about the possibility of a small APO for wide field views to piggyback on my CPC 1100. I am interested in recommendations. At the moment I am not planning on AP. 
      I can see that there is a huge range in prices and to be honest I am looking for something thats reasonably decent quality (circa £500 - having no experience with APOs I really don't have a sense as to whether thats quite enough or not really enough). I had looked at the Orion Carbon Fibre 80mm f/6 APO Triplet but its just a bit too much money. 
      Please advise...
      And many thanks. 
    • By Kronos831
      Heyyy its meee kronos and i have been wondering about getting a filter...I really want the best contrast and brightness i can on my nebulas(i want to view M42 M57 M27 M31  M81 M82 and lots more) with my future 8" dob. Is this filter really going to help me?
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/es_uhc_filter_125.html
      If it just a matter of quality of the filter itself  can you suggest a better one in the same price range?
      Or will not the uhc filter help me in general .IF so can you reccomend another one?
      Also is this         https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/uhc-filter.html         this       https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/es_uhc_filter_125.html        https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/baader-uhc-s-filter.html               this better?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.