Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Neil27

COMPLETED - Explore Scientific ED APO 102mm f/6.7 Essentials

For sale is my lovely Explore Scientific APO ED 102mm triplet refractor.

Lovely condition, great optics that are unmarked and blemish free, views are stunning and pin sharp.

Selling due to lack of use, as a recent change of job keeps me away from home quite a bit, so its not getting any use.

Comes with:

Essential 102mm triplet APO refractor

Tube rings with integrated carry handle

Vixen dovetail

2 inch visual back / adaptors and focuser

Aluminium case

It is the essentials model so didn't come with any finder or diagonal.

Price is £450 ovno due to condition and inclusion of vixen dovetail.

Payment accepted is cash, cheque or bank transfer (which is easiest) or PayPal if buyer pays fees.

Pick up only or can meet half way by arrangement - don't really like sending optics through the post.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions then please pm me and we can discuss in more detail.

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Amazing sale! I would love to buy this if you weren't 4 hours away! :( Good luck with your sale

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lee g
      Hi all I’m getting back into the hobby after some time away I always seemed to spend a lot of time switching between eye pieces so this time I was thinking of having just 4 ep to choose from as opposed to 12.
      I have a an 8”sct and was thinking of getting the Explore Scientific 82°
      im considering the following 
      30mm
      18mm
      11mm
      6.7mm
      first do you think these particular e/p will work well with this scope and does the choice above sound sufficient.
      regards Lee

• By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Hello there  
      My budget for eyepieces is $1,000. 

I started off thinking I would get a Celestron eyepiece kit for about $200, for example. After trying a few out, I soon realised that I wanted eyepieces of higher quality. My mindset is that I'm investing $2,000 in my telescope, a Celestron 9.25 SCT, and I want to be able to extract from that scope the very best views that I can.

Wishlist - 
      I'm looking to buy 3 eyepieces maximum (not including a Barlow)
      Ideally - if possible - I would like to get eyepieces that I can use on both my telescopes, but my priority is toward the 9.25" as that is the bigger investment.
      Both my telescopes have 1.25" barrels.
      * Cassie - A Celestron Newtonian. Aperture = 130mm, FL = 650mm, FR = f5  Max useable magnification between 250x and 307x    
      * The Cubble Space Telescope - A Celestron SCT. Aperture = 235mm FL = 2350mm, FR = f10  Max useable magnification between 460x and 550x 
      I don't feel comfortable spending more than about $300 on each eyepiece
      I want these eyepieces to last as long as possible. I try to look after thinbgs if I can.
      Decent eye relief if possible
      I will purchase a Barlow separately
      Field of view - something 60% + 

Usage - 
      My observing will be probably 80% solar system planets & moon, 20% deeper sky objects
      I'm not that in atsrophotogarphy. I have a little Celestron NexImage 10 with which I am hoping to make some videos and stacked images of Jupiter, Saturn and detailed imaging of Pluto (  ) 
      I really just want the WOW factor right now. Enjoying the thrill of Saturn;s rings, tracking Jupiter's 4 main moons, detailed lunar observing etc. 

Questions -  
      So what would be your suggestions or advice, please? 
      I have been looking at the Tele Vue Delos & Delite range.  The Nagler range looks nice but I'm note sure if I need 82' field of view. A bit pricey, too. 
      Explore Scientific's offerings are a possibilty.
      What's the deal with zoom eyepieces? Does that mean you can have an eyepiece that will do the job, for example, of a 6mm, 7mm, 8mm and 9mm eyepiece all in one? Is there a trade off?? What's the catch?? 
      Regarding Barlows, I was thinking of just keeping it simple and getting a decent 2x lens without spending crazy money. Something in the $150 range. Or would I need a high end Barlow to complement the better eyepieces I am hoping for??? 

Overall, I'm looking for 2 or 3 eyepieces and 1 Barlow with a $1,000 budget. Any thoughts, ideas, advice or opinions all gratefully received, thank you. 
    • By DJastrzebski
      I am selling my ES 34mm 68* 2" as it has too big exit pupil for my telescope. Optics are pristine and there is not even little mark on the barrel.
      The price in total, 140 127 GBP, includes shipping within the EU and PP fees. Thanks for looking!

• By Spider-Man
      Hi everyone,
      I'm looking to get a reasonably portable astrophotography set-up, using a 60-100mm refractor, with a suitable goto mount.  I spotted the Explore Scientifice exos2-gt with pmc-eight goto system, which looks like quite an elegant solution, and wondered if anybody in the forum owns this mount, and what they think of it's performance & usability?
    • By stewie_w
      Hi guys, this is my first post and i apologise in advance if this topic has been discussed before. I am having some issues with my explore scientific iexos 100 mount, i cannot seem to get it to line up with whatever star or other object i am looking for. For example I sent it to look at the moon last night, being December 29th, when it had finished slewing to what the mount thought was the correct  coordinates for the moon, the mount was facing far away from it, so i tried to do 3 star alignment and every star i sent it to, it was facing nowhere near where it was meant to be facing. Does anybody use this mount or has used it before, could you please help me out with this issue please.
      Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.