Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skeye

Steve Clay

Hi, I'm looking at using skeye pro to assist with push to on an alt-az mount.

As I understand it the phone/ tablet needs the following:

Accelerometer, Magnetometer and useful to have gyroscope and GPS chip

I've looked on the net to see what devices have these things but not really easy to ascertain. There are apps that you can put on the device that will interrogate these sensors and report what you have, great if you already have the device but i'm currently an i-phone user which is not compatible with the app anyway.

So  my question is what devices are actually being used by SGL members with good success. it looks like a great app but to get full use you need these sensors in the phone/ tablet.

So whats working well?

Cheers

Steve

I 've used it in the past with a Huawei p9lite. The weak link is the phones compass, which like every compass, even the most accurate ones, is subjective to interference, and a smartphone's compass isn't the best you can get.

So if you perform a thorough compass calibration and stay away from ferrous metal, it will point you within a degree or two accuracy.

If your phone is equipped with a gyro, then it might be more accurate.

Archived