Narrowband

Hello From Bristol. UK

rmw107

Hello everyone,

inroducing myself, i am new to this hobby so will be looking on the forum for advice on getting started.

i have invested in some 12x70 binoculars and a half tidy tripod with a pistol grip tilt head to get me started.

so just waiting for a clear sky, might be a while until i post again!!?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum !

Big binoculars are a great tool to see the night sky with :thumbright:

I'm from Portishead myself so not too far from you. Hoping for some clear patches tonight but the clouds seem to be winning !

Hi there,

welcome to the forum.  Bins are a great way to find your way around the sky and a tripod means you can spend some time on the detail of your finds.

You could do a lot worse than checking out this excellent newsletter.

John

Hi, rmw, and welcome to SGL.

Binoculars are a great way to get started in this hobby and 12x70s are a reasonable size. You will discover a lot with them and "learning the sky" will give you knowledge that will stand you in good stead for life in this hobby.

Enjoy the journey.

Hello and welcome to SGL, you have chosen the best way to start, bins give you the opportunity to

learn the night sky, I did the same thing, the Binocular Sky News Letter, is superb, lots of targets for the month.

hope you enjoy your time with us, see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

One of my questions is , i only have a celestron e-lux 25mm plossl eyepice with it  but i have enough money left over to invest in either one celestron x-cel lx and a barlow lens or  2 x celestron x-cel lx lenses of diff focal lenths , or should i just invest in a Baader 8-24mm zoom lens , as it will be a while before shell let me buy anymore lenses lol.

20181016_125024.jpg

@Pete123 - Hello and welcome to the forum !

Could I suggest that you start a new thread with your questions in our "Getting Started Equipment and Advice" section rather than here in this welcome thread ?

Here is a link to that section:

https://stargazerslounge.com/forum/186-getting-started-equipment-help-and-advice/

I think you will get a lot more responses to your specific questions there :)

Thanks.

Archived