Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eq5 Steel tripods versus Berlebach wood tripods.

On 14/07/2019 at 00:07, Sanjio said:

Thanks! Sorry for my delayed reply, great to hear of your experience with the 28. I'm 6ft 3 so figured a taller tripod for my 8 inch SCT might be best but was worried it might be less stable than a shorter tripod...ditto for single vs double clamps...do you ever think "I wish I'd got a shorter tripod with double clamps"...or should i stop worrying and get a 28 with single clamps?

I've owned both the Uni 28 with two clamps and my current one which has one set of clamps. I didn't notice any difference in stability but the single clamp version extends slightly taller.

I never seem to need to have the legs fully extended though, even with the long 130mm triplet refractor on board - the Uni 28 is a very tall tripod !

• Thanks 1

I have just acquired a UNI tripod and I'm wondering if anyone here has mounted any of the following on it:  EQ6-R , CEM60, CEM40 or iEQ45.  I guess if it can handle the EQ6-R it will handle the others but just curious to hear about stability with total payloads up to 30kg. It's rated to 50-55kg so I wouldn't want to put much more on.

Also, any info about mounting plates would be helpful. I tried to contact Berlebach and they are on holiday until Aug 5th! Lucky them :)

If you try to use their site to order a new Uni tripod, one of the mounting-plate options is that for EQ-6, so they're definitely available separately. But I can't get the site to show me one separately. It looks as though you'll have to wait until August to find out the cost  :(

M

• Like 1