Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Bubble Nebula HSO

MartinB

This project has been on the go since August.  I finally got round to adding 5 hours of SII recently

Scope: SW MN190

Camera: QSI 532 WSG

Baader 7nm filters Ha 34x30 mins  OIII 21x20mins SII 16x20mins

Captured, calibrated and combined in Maxim.  Deconvolution in CCDStack.  Processed in a mix of PI and PS...but mainly PS

Bubble HSO 2018.jpg

Thanks Graem.  I faff around for ages with different versions, some sharper than others, some more saturated.  I can never make up my mind!  In the end I ask Mrs B to pick between 3 or 4 versions!  I did do some less "crisp" versions but Mrs B tends to go for crisp and dramatic.  In the end I don't think there is a right and wrong, just individual preference.

2 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

I can look at this for hours. Really great work Martin

Thank you, I've looked at it for hours as well in processing, the different permutations gave me a headache!

5 minutes ago, peter shah said:

that's amazing Martin....  I really like your balance of colour

Thank you Peter I'm really pleased to hear you like the colour, I've thought about it a lot.  I've deliberately left some green areas around the Bubble to show the relatively high levels of Ha, but I know a lot of people are green averse!

3 hours ago, MartinB said:

Thank you, I've looked at it for hours as well in processing, the different permutations gave me a headache!

Thank you Peter I'm really pleased to hear you like the colour, I've thought about it a lot.  I've deliberately left some green areas around the Bubble to show the relatively high levels of Ha, but I know a lot of people are green averse!

I know it can be a bit of a controversial subject but did I noticed the green which is one reason why I made the comment ?  I do think it would have been a mistake to have removed it artificially, there certainly is a fine line ....  refreshing to see.

Archived