SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A big thank you

MartinB

Couldn’t agree more, a fantastic event made possible and enjoyable by the Marquee really, otherwise it might have been a little miserable, or at very least a fragmented affair huddled in damp tents rather than all together in the warmth! I echo the comments saying that I’m happy to pay a little extra on the ticket price to help towards it.

Another big thank you from me to all the speakers, I really enjoyed the talks and think the speakers all managed to have something for everyone which is not easy given such diverse experience and interests. Great stuff.

Thank you too, for those that humoured me and sat through my Smartphone ‘Imaging’ talk. Hopefully we will see the next StuPOD winner emerge from this highly talented bunch :) :)

Until next year..... I can only encourage those that were put off this year to brave the weather, whatever the forecast is like, because the event is about so much more than clear skies, although a couple of those would be very welcome.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

You absolutely must attend the whole quiz night! Best part of the event, unless it's clear of course :)

I'm sorry we didn't get the opportunity to chat properly after we introduced ourselves, I had to rush off to deal with a minor tent disaster and then the opportunity didn't present itself again for the rest of the weekend! Maybe next year.

Hi John,

It was indeed brief and I had hoped to have a chat with Jess as well but she was clearly a little embarrassed so I didn't push it! Next year then .............

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Thank you too, for those that humoured me and sat through my Smartphone ‘Imaging’ talk. Hopefully we will see the next StuPOD winner emerge from this highly talented bunch :) :)

I was sorry to miss this Stu - I was rather busy panicking muttering at software preparing for my session which followed yours :wink2:  Are you going to post up the presentation as I'd love to get some tips!  (On a more general note we could put all the presentations up if presenters are happy to do so...?)

Helen

16 minutes ago, Helen said:

I was sorry to miss this Stu - I was rather busy panicking muttering at software preparing for my session which followed yours :wink2:  Are you going to post up the presentation as I'd love to get some tips!  (On a more general note we could put all the presentations up if presenters are happy to do so...?)

Helen

A good point Helen. I will contact the presenters and try to arrange for somewhere to out them for download.

It is clear from all the positive comments the Marquee was a success because it bought everyone together. It will be at all future SGL Star parties, regardless of the weather ? 

I think when the Lucksall people setup a Bar there, that definitely helped ?

8 minutes ago, FLO said:

I think when the Lucksall people setup a Bar there, that definitely helped ?

... and the home-made Custard Creams, Almond Slices, Shortbread, Double Choc Cookies, Carrot Cake, Fruit Loaf...  ? 

I would say it was the best star party I've attended bar none. I can only echo previous comments regards to the marquee, talks, company and food. Clear skies might have made it better but not by much. Thanks to everyone for their hard work. It really is appreciated.

I would also like to add my thanks to the team who organized the event and to FLO for the Marquee it bought every body together, and a big thanks to Lucksall not only for more or less taking over the campsite but for providing the bar in the Marquee.

I was wondering how we were all going to get in the tea tent for the talks! The marquee made the weekend. And we didn't get flooded out. It was worse at home, the Co-op was flooded and has been shut all week.

Thank you to all the organisers and especially FLO.

Archived