SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Good Beginners Astrophotography Set Up for £150 - Video

HI All,

I have an entertaining   video to share with you which is perfect for those just starting out and wanting to taste a bit of astrophotography without spending a lot of money. I image from London and managed to get a pretty good shot of Orion for just £150. This video runs through where I bought the equipment, why I bought  it and how I used it to capture a Orion and some of the trials and tribulations I had to deal with on the way. Any questions please ask!  Enjoy!

FYI I shot this last year but with Orion now beginning to rise over the rooftops of London I thought this would be a good time to share it.

great vid mate, well done. I feel for you, I have to shoot from indoors due to illness, but if you put you mind to it anything is possible. if you would like to see some of my images to compare check out my flickr link in my sig. wishing you clear skys. charl.

Glad you liked it thx for the encouraging comments

3 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great vid mate, well done. I feel for you, I have to shoot from indoors due to illness, but if you put you mind to it anything is possible. if you would like to see some of my images to compare check out my flickr link in my sig. wishing you clear skys. charl.

NO WAY... brilliant stuff Charley boy!!! Really good quality images, 

thanks Rory, your so kind mate, I don't do as much DS as id like to with the darn window frame allways getting in the way but I make up for it with solar system stuff. I love that shot you got of the Great Orion neb from your roof and from the middle of London. clear skys. charl.

21 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Rory, your so kind mate, I don't do as much DS as id like to with the darn window frame allways getting in the way but I make up for it with solar system stuff. I love that shot you got of the Great Orion neb from your roof and from the middle of London. clear skys. charl.

Thx buddy... I love your solar work. BTW I think I can trump you shooting solar system through a window... how about shooting from a BEAN BAG!! (this is a very very silly video!)  Any excuse to plug one of my vids!!!!

Archived