Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

I ventured to Jodrell bank radio telescope on Wednesday night for a shot i recently though about.  i asked a few local friends who are relatively new to astro work if they would like to join me for some 1-2-1 on taking star trails. albeit its not the darkest of places but the location felt right to ask them to come along.  it was a great few hours out with friends and teaching them about the night sky. i also got to show them how easy it was to take a shot of M31. i practically had to pick up all three jaws when the image came on the back of the camera haha.

This has tested my cloning skills, every shot had a plane trail in. its taken two days to clone them out of 65 images. then i had to take out the dust spots. ( mirror-less rules ! )  overall im pretty happy with this image. 

Danny :hello:

30335094807_e04091037d_c.jpgGalactic Signal by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

• Like 18

it didn't slew round then!...great work mate.

• Like 1

A real place in my heart. My dad took me there for my 7th birthday 'treat' and in the control room I got to push a button that made the thing move (clearly a planned move) I then got "miles" of punch tape that was spewing out following this.

RIP Dad, thanks Danny.

PS PM sent.

Best Rich

• Like 2

Wonderful shot Danny 👍

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 19:30, estwing said:

it didn't slew round then!...great work mate.

It hasn't slewed for well over a year, and doesn't look likely to do so any time soon.

Currently, the telescope is being very heavily refurbished. No science from that 'scope for a long time!

Superb picture, though! 😀

Edited by DeepSkyBagger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1