Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Be gentle - it's my first ever effort!

trekker308

Alan, that is superb for a 100th effort. :shock: :shock: For a 1st it is amazing. Focus perfect, exposure is spot on with no burnt out craters. Excellent contrast. Only one problem Alan, you'll find it hard to improve on :laugh:

Martin

I think I should give due credit to the Orion 'scope here!

For various reasons I'm not yet kitted out to take any shots with the MN78 (like not being able to achieve focus!), so I put the Orion out to cool while Damien was putting on his Astrocam show :salute: just to see what it could do - and I think I did it a dis-service there 'cos the result pleased me no end!

After I had finished taking the shots I put in a 19mm Panoptic to do some visual observing along the terminator and if it wasn't for the fact that I was desperate for a JD to get warm, I could have happily spent another hour there!

The prime reason for getting the Mak-Cass was its portability, but it's managing to delight every session I use it (Orion - send fivers in an envelope please!) :laugh: :laugh:

P.S. Astronomy:- I know next to nothing - photography:- I know a little more - I found it helped to go for underexposure so that the craters didn't burn out and let the tweaking in Photoshop bring it back .....

Archived