Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Processing planetary images

Hi..... I'm very new to all this but I'm having a go.... I've downloaded both Registax and Autostakkert 2.... And now I'm stuck!!! I cannot find any straightforward instructions... I have taken a sample video to start myself off (mars...!)....

Essentially, I'm stuck at the first few steps...

Registax will accept the video but I'm not exactly sure what to do.... Autostakkert will not accept any video I try to upload, also the analyse option is seemingly unavailable to me (which I'm reasonably sure is because I cannot get a video clip uploaded...) 

I was originally working with .mov files but I converted one to .avi, which Registax then accepted and will do... things....(!).... but Autostakkert will still not open.... 

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, all advice will be very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!

To start with in Register just stick with default settings. Once your video has loaded click the align button. When RS has done it's thing, click stack. RS should then give you a single image and open the wavelets page. Again leave everything as default and play with the sliders down the left-hand side.

To use autostakkert, you may need to convert to a different version of avi file.

There are a number of instructional videos for both programs on YouTube.

39 minutes ago, Stargazer33 said:

To start with in Register just stick with default settings. Once your video has loaded click the align button. When RS has done it's thing, click stack. RS should then give you a single image and open the wavelets page. Again leave everything as default and play with the sliders down the left-hand side.

To use autostakkert, you may need to convert to a different version of avi file.

There are a number of instructional videos for both programs on YouTube.

Thank you so much!! I have managed to complete a process with Registax.... not a good pic, was never going to be, but I now have something to go with once I can get some better videos to work with.... Fun times ahead!!

Archived