sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Comet workshop - action needed

Hi All,

I'm prepping for the comet workshop.  It is aimed at beginners, so I'll do a bit of background and then thinking about us all working through a few examples together.  The easiest package to do this with is Astrometrica.  It is free to download, with a small license fee of 25 Euro to use longer term.   So if you want to play along then please can you download the software beforehand.... http://www.astrometrica.at/  Can you also open it at least once, as that will download the latest MPC files that you will need if we don't have internet access.  

I'll have with me the UCAC4 catalogue on disk, which again we'll need if no internet, and some sample files.  So please find me on Saturday sometime to get these to copy to your laptop.  Hopefully, this will all mean we can actually do some actual analysis on real data of a badly behaved comet (29P), but I'll have powerpoint slides to show what SHOULD happen even if it doesn't quite work in a field with no wifi ?

Helen