Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone used/tried a Canon M50?

Adreneline

I've not used an M50 and don't even posses a Canon camera but I do seem to recall the M series had a new internal operating system that 3rd party software can't use.

Check and make sure I'm right but if I am then you may not be able to use stuff like BYEOS or APT etc. if that's important to you. I also notice SG Pro only states EOS.

If I am wrong please let me know.

Dave.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, davew said:

If I am wrong please let me know.

I'll do some research. Have to say I hadn't thought about compatibility with BYEoS - I just assumed it would work!

I'm thinking of getting an M50 anyway and was just wondering if I could get some extra gearing from the purchase.

Thank you for your advice.

Adrian

• 8 months later...

Just researching this camera myself as could be handy for both astro and travel. The M50 should be ok for astro regarding connecting the PC. It's the first M camera to support remote pc connections. It's not listed on BackYard EOS site but it is listed on APT as compatible: https://ideiki.com/astro/EOS.aspx

Edited by AbsolutelyN