Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_peoples_choice_2018_banner.thumb.jpg.f1bf2f8261e1689d19f116486df2bc89.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Star101

Crab Nebula M1

M1 Crab Nebula taken 7 Oct 2018 from my garden.

ZWO ASI 183mm Pro

C11 on Mesu 200

12 x 120s subs for each RGB.

Processed in Pixinsight.

Crab Nebula M1 07Oct2018.jpg

• Like 5

Wow!... look at that detail.

I have been trying for this recently.  Had guiding issues, but was surprised at the H-Alpha emission on some of my streaky subs.

Would look good as an HaRGB.

Edited by Craney

Thanks Grant, I love the detail too of this camera. 

Yes, I have 60 X Lum. But I'm still trying to find the best way to add it to the RGB. I'm new to mono imaging. I used OSC before. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stepping beyond
      I started getting better skies , getting my old mount problems are an ongoing thing that I deal with nightly . I ran tests in the frigid temps. on ngc1977 and IC434 and the Flame to get a handle on it  and get my Moonlite mini v2 control setup in SGP. I've been reading the Astronomical handbook on imaging and processing and I think my images are making improvements , 1977 is out of focus on my  colored channels due to trying to do it by eye. I didn't get sgp to run a sequence until 3 nights later and now I've got rain. This is the 1st time running on these targets, colors aren't correct but, they're improvement. I would add the # of frames but, they're all different and good enough to get my settings set and they're going to pop when I make a run on them . I'm really excited that I could get this and to have a test like this after being beat to death for months trying to get the PO'MAN rig working like this. 

• By stepping beyond
      This is the 1st test night for this disabled AA with my new moonlite auto focer mini v2 control ,1st time collecting data on the Horsehead nebula with any camera that I've owned , {30s } 25 frames luminous and 10 red channel combined in AIP4win and  PScs2 , astronomy tools . I used an  asi 174MM cooled -20c Zwo mini 5 efw , 8 in  astrograph , lxd55 mount guided with Orion 50mm  mini w/ helical . Captured in Sharpcap live stacking ,  I'm 0n my way finally got my autofocus set up correctly in Sgp to run a sequence later that week . It's a great feeling when everything is working together.

• By Star101
      C11 with focal reducer (1760mm), ASI183mm Pro. Astrodon filters. Mesu 200. Pixinsight.
      80 x 60s L
      30 x 60s RGB
      2.8 Hours data.
      Thanks for looking.
      Dave.

• By Kronos831
      Heyyy its meee kronos and i have been wondering about getting a filter...I really want the best contrast and brightness i can on my nebulas(i want to view M42 M57 M27 M31  M81 M82 and lots more) with my future 8" dob. Is this filter really going to help me?
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/es_uhc_filter_125.html
      If it just a matter of quality of the filter itself  can you suggest a better one in the same price range?
      Or will not the uhc filter help me in general .IF so can you reccomend another one?
      Also is this         https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/uhc-filter.html         this       https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/es_uhc_filter_125.html        https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/baader-uhc-s-filter.html               this better?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.