Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece.thumb.jpg.cb85f690376dcb3053c747827de6bf9e.jpg

catman161

Obsy Design Question

Hi All, 

I’m thinking of converting my roll off shed design to a more permanent, yet still small obsy. 

Currently roll off shed as as below which is ok but would like to convert it to a small permanent shed with gold down walls and preferably a style of roof that is either fold down to the side or roll back garage door style but where the door, or roof goes down behind the back wall of the structure. 

I don’t have the space for a roll off roof behind the shed as I have an outbuilding directly behind which can be seen in the pictures. 

Any help on how to engineer such a roof would be gratefully received. 

Thanks in advance 

Felix 

670A44B8-1BCD-41B4-9D8E-57404F99D942.jpeg

CB475A38-BEC2-4D66-9FEF-D991084C1418.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, catman161 said:

a small permanent shed with gold down walls

Sorry Felix, I can't help with the roof, but I think natural feathers will be just as good as gold ones for the walls and should be cheaper.

Alan

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well the G key is next to the F key! 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, catman161 said:

a small permanent shed with gold down walls

I knew Leamington Spa was posh but... (after all I used to live there!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I used to live in Rugby and go by steam train to Leamington for school.

• Like 3

On 11/10/2018 at 23:25, Gina said:

I used to live in Rugby and go by steam train to Leamington for school.

The Rugby to Leamington train line has sadly long gone. Two trains via Coventry now......

Since we're on a roll with the whole Rugby/Leamington thing, Rugby was where my parents lived when I was born.  I think my dad was at college there, though I'm sure he told me recently that it has been knocked down and turned into a housing estate.  And when I did my degree that Warwick Uni in the mid/late-80s, in my second year I shared a house with four girls in Leamington.  Wathen Road, I think, though I had a load of mates who lived in Chandos Street and we spend a fair bit of time in the Fox and Vivian pub, just around the corner from them :)  That would have been the season Coventry won the FA Cup.  It snowed heavily that winter and we used the Tesco car park opposite Chandos Street as a skid pan :D  Happy days.

Would it be possible perhaps to have a roll-off roof that went over the top of the roof of the building behind?

James

17 hours ago, JamesF said:

Since we're on a roll with the whole Rugby/Leamington thing, Rugby was where my parents lived when I was born.  I think my dad was at college there, though I'm sure he told me recently that it has been knocked down and turned into a housing estate.  And when I did my degree that Warwick Uni in the mid/late-80s, in my second year I shared a house with four girls in Leamington.  Wathen Road, I think, though I had a load of mates who lived in Chandos Street and we spend a fair bit of time in the Fox and Vivian pub, just around the corner from them :)  That would have been the season Coventry won the FA Cup.  It snowed heavily that winter and we used the Tesco car park opposite Chandos Street as a skid pan :D  Happy days.

Would it be possible perhaps to have a roll-off roof that went over the top of the roof of the building behind?

James

Fox and Vivian is silk there James :) 

in terms of roll off roof over the existing building I think it might make construction a little difficult but is certainly something I can ponder. 

When I lived in Leamington, my regular was the Talbot Inn AKA 'Hector's House' after its most excellent landlord. I've been lucky enough to have several excellent pubs as my local (the Angel Inni n Aberystwyth, Y Llew Gwyn (White Lion) in Talybont. I even lived over a pub (the Bridge Inn in Aber) once 🙂

Sadly a search shows Hector passed away in April at 85 😞 He used to hold a Jamaican Independence Day festival every year on the 'green' and one year the band I was in played it. Much guzzling of veggie patties 🙂

image.jpg

image.jpg

RIP Hector

• Like 1