Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TO Solarlite filter for visual?

tico

Hello,
I have an SC 8 "and for a tight pocket I am thinking about acquiring a solar filter for visual observation, in white light, I have seen that TO has one called Solarlite, apparently it is neither glass nor film, ... any of you Could you use it or try it? What quality do you have for visual?
I know there are those of Baader, but the new assembly does not convince me, I have had some bad experience using it in a small spottting scope, I am not talking about the quality of the astrolatrous sheet of baader, but about the assembly where it is held ... .
Thanks in advance
regards
Paul

Don't know the filter you mention, but probably your cheapest option would be: Cardboard circle big enough to cover the front end of the scope - 3" circular hole on one side so that it missed the secondary - piece of this stuck firmly over the hole - stick to cardboard ring so that it fits firmly on the end of the scope - job done. Ever time you use it check it has no pinprick holes BEFORE putting it on the scope.

Archived