Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new Rapidor Manchester Donkey Saw.

Doc

My new Rapidor Manchester Donkey Saw for my workshop. Pretty much spot on, cuts washers 1mm thick and within a couple of thou, so cuts dead staraight. Only problem is that I need a new spring as the tension has gone and the clutch jumps out once in a while so sometimes the auto cut off doesn't always work. Need to rig up an on/off NVR switch as all I do at the moment is turn it on and off at the mains.

It has a damper so cuts on the forward stroke and lifts on the backward stroke. It can handle up to 6" in diameter. 

Lovely machine and fits the workshop perfectly.

Now for the photos:

ee5LOv.jpg

GIDo8s.jpg

EC1ttw.jpg

2sPvhd.jpg

tVkXuK.jpg

2xMZW9.jpg

bZsu2h.jpg

gPasjO.jpg

siV6mJ.jpg

FAEXLN.jpg

I don't suffer static at all. What it does do is expand quite a bit. Even though the rubber goes under the skirting board and has about 10mm to expand into it still bows and needs a bigger gap then 10mm, but then when it's cold it's fine.

What a lovely little piece of kit.  It's the sort of thing I'd love to have in my workshop because there are times when it's just the right tool for the job, but I'd not use it often enough to justify the cost or having to make space for it.

James

8 minutes ago, JamesF said:

What a lovely little piece of kit.  It's the sort of thing I'd love to have in my workshop because there are times when it's just the right tool for the job, but I'd not use it often enough to justify the cost or having to make space for it.

James

I know exactly what you mean James, I just couldn't resist, it seemed like a bargain. I just like looking at it.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't suffer static at all. 

Thinking back, mine was temporally laid to protect some laminate flooring whilst  wearing socks (no  other footwear ) so perhaps the friction between the  two was to blame?

Thanks.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:53, Doc said:

I don't suffer static at all. What it does do is expand quite a bit. Even though the rubber goes under the skirting board and has about 10mm to expand into it still bows and needs a bigger gap then 10mm, but then when it's cold it's fine.

No static here, but my problem is gaps opening up!

Archived