Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ZWO Off Axis Guider Play/Movement

Andyb90

Hi there,

Has anyone else noticed some play in the top of the ZWO OAG? I noticed it for the first time the other night when adjusting the camera position. I checked both screws were tightened, but even then there was some movement. The below picture shows the direction of movement.

If you have had this issue have you been able to fix it?

Capture.GIF.30884cad8dd0dd1227b40516f4d0574b.GIF

Edit: I noticed on the zwo website the picture of the OAG shows a grub screw on the front/back side of the top part which is attached to the stalk. I'm pretty sure I don't have a grub screw there on mine. I only have one on the side. I wonder if they changed the design slightly to address the movement/play.

Does anyone have that front/back screw on their ZWO OAG?

OGA-1-460x613.jpg.830361ba4350eadee4736743593db6f0.jpg

Andy.

Andy

Only just seen this... the fiends have changed the design!  Mine has the thumb screw and grub screw but they are opposite, not perpendicular as the current spec is, and it wobbles.. I wedged a piece of paper between the camera holder and the stem and its rigid now.  Maybe ZWO will supply the new design camera holder as a separate item.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived