Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

maw lod qan

How's your weather.

7 hours ago, JamesF said:

I'm hoping the worst of the rain holds off here, but right now we have ten hours of heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.  This morning I discovered the remains of a roofing tile on the ground behind the house.  The wind is gusting far too badly to be up a ladder fixing things at the moment, but even then the problem is complicated by the fact that it isn't possible to buy tiles in a matching profile any more.  Not looking forward to dealing with that one :(

And typically, as the forecast rain starts, at around 3am tomorrow, the wind also swings around so that it will be driven at the side of the roof that the tile fell from.

James

James maybe a reclamation yard may have something in the same style if you can find one nearby. A trip to London may help, bigger market there so lots to chose from.

Jim

Well who'da thunk it? Just had an hour's worth of cloud dodging observing at Lucksall. Not the best, but managed to see some stuff after a hasty assembling of the dob. Cloudy again now, but warm still and no rain, just a blustery wind. Mustn't grumble ;)

• Like 4

Weird weather for October on the North Norfolk Coast. Went for a walk and a crab sandwich at Cromer. 24 degrees C and kids swimming in the sea. Back home in Lowestoft and now in bed as pretty cloudy over head.

Night all  from George.

• Like 2

Still unseasonably warm in Essex. Cloudy but no rain yet. I've had a storm head since lunchtime though, as have my girlfriend and her daughter, so I think we in for some heavy weather soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gina said:

Raining here but the wind has gone.

Wind has dropped right off here too Gina and so has the temperature. Much more October like this morning.

Edited by AdeKing
Correcting autocorrect errors.
  • Like 1

Having a great time at SGL 2018 a couple of hours clear and patch sky on Thursday night and last night but this is the view from the van now. 

20181014_091117.jpg

8 minutes ago, astrolunartick said:

Having a great time at SGL 2018 a couple of hours clear and patch sky on Thursday night and last night but this is the view from the van now. 

20181014_091117.jpg

I'm almost glad I didn't go this year!

Was going to do some fungi photography this morning- it's hissing down and I can't find my water proof trousers, so I might abandon the trip.........!

When the river got to within about 18" of the top of the bank I'm afraid I did a "Brave Sir Robin" and I ran away. I hope that the levels go down soon and that everyone stays safe.

20181014_125820.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

When the river got to within about 18" of the top of the bank I'm afraid I did a "Brave Sir Robin" and I ran away. I hope that the levels go down soon and that everyone stays safe.

20181014_125820.jpg

Levels look like they have peaked now Ade, the culvert at the back of the site is filling slowly but I reckon we will be ok. There are worryingly few tents left though, anyone still here who is sensible is in a caravan or motor home!!!

Lovely and clear here, but having spent hours on a rain-soaked motorway picking up my latest gear, as well as having a well-deserved glass of plonk, I'm not inclined to take advantage.  There's always tomorrow though!

Doug.

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

Levels look like they have peaked now Ade, the culvert at the back of the site is filling slowly but I reckon we will be ok. There are worryingly few tents left though, anyone still here who is sensible is in a caravan or motor home!!!

That's good to hear Stu, hope you get chance to observe tonight and have a safe journey home tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Stu said:

I'm still here in a tent..lol

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, IanC11 said:

I'm still here in a tent..lol

Nice one. In case it wasn’t obvious, me too!!! ? ?

• Haha 1

Think a pontoon or raft might be a better idea...Raining again

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18c / 5% humidity, less than zero clouds, 5 mph wind ......... Massive light dome.

Edited by SkyGibbon