Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How's your weather.

maw lod qan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, saac said:

Lol would it be wrong to say that makes me feel better - the universe does not have it in for me :) 

Jim 

Yeah we're all at the mercy of the elements! At least the uk doesn't get hurricanes like Michael though the storm we had the other week brought down a number of trees around here.

Louise

I'm hoping the worst of the rain holds off here, but right now we have ten hours of heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.  This morning I discovered the remains of a roofing tile on the ground behind the house.  The wind is gusting far too badly to be up a ladder fixing things at the moment, but even then the problem is complicated by the fact that it isn't possible to buy tiles in a matching profile any more.  Not looking forward to dealing with that one :(

And typically, as the forecast rain starts, at around 3am tomorrow, the wind also swings around so that it will be driven at the side of the roof that the tile fell from.

James

1 hour ago, JamesF said:

I'm hoping the worst of the rain holds off here, but right now we have ten hours of heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.  This morning I discovered the remains of a roofing tile on the ground behind the house.  The wind is gusting far too badly to be up a ladder fixing things at the moment, but even then the problem is complicated by the fact that it isn't possible to buy tiles in a matching profile any more.  Not looking forward to dealing with that one :(

And typically, as the forecast rain starts, at around 3am tomorrow, the wind also swings around so that it will be driven at the side of the roof that the tile fell from.

James

Oh dear, James - it never rains but it pours…. Hope you don't leak too much

Louise

T-shirt weather here, 24 deg. Forecast says 18 deg min tonight, warmer than the forecast for tomorrow, when it's due to tip it down, then cool for most of the week. Blew a bit last night and a bit windy today but nothing serious.

41 minutes ago, Charic said:

Folk could be buying new gear now, without having that guilt trip that all this rain was caused by a lens purchase, you know the curse!

Mea culpa. In the last week or so I have bought a telescope and a finder-guider and sold a ccd camera and a (different) telescope, with another telescope up for grabs at the moment.

6 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Despite the wind and rain it's still relatively warm here, too.  I'm still in t-shirt and shorts.

James

It's not fair! I was just thinking about putting the heating on :( But I'll settle for the lentil curry I'm making instead ? 

Louise

23 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

It's not fair! I was just thinking about putting the heating on :( But I'll settle for the lentil curry I'm making instead ? 

Louise

To be honest, what I think of as acceptable weather for t-shirt and shorts may not be something that's shared by the majority of the population :)

James

I hope Welsh SGLers are doing ok.  There are some horrendous pictures of flooding on the news today, including along the Usk around Gilwern and Crickhowell.  Many years ago we lived along that stretch of the river and still have friends there.

James

Archived