Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally got back to the fold.

Luke Inup

Some time ago now I managed to return to the fold; but then my wife took ill with Parkinson's and Dementia. So I have been otherwise been preoccupied with caring. My Lady has since been placed into care because her lack of mobility means I can no longer move her around by myself, and the Council won't fund for two carers. Jean is fine as far as it goes, but I am slowly getting back into running the house in a somewhat organised fashion. It isn't easy, but I have now managed to get back to backyard observing. I got back to driving, but I noticed I couldn't read n umber plates any more. I can see cars, I know whether or not they are moving, I can see what colour they are and I can judge distances. But as I can't read number plates even with specs, Thus I have had to 'SORN' my car with the DVLA. So it's backyard observing  and fitting my 'scope with a good  pollution filter!

Still I am back observing, and I will be getting a drive for the Sky-watcher. 90. (While saving for a 102mm. ) I think that will satisfy me finally, and for now I shall be trying for a picture of M42. Why M42?  Just because it's handy to view from my particular viewing point.

Great to be back, and I hope to be able to participate on the Forum as much as possible.. (That doesn't make sense but I am sure you know what I am getting at!

Cheers

John in North Brum   280.gif

Hi , John , Firstly , your story struck a chord with me as I cared for my mum before she passed away , so , I kind of know what you went through .. but , I’m so glad you are able to pursue this fantastic hobby . Welcome back . I have a 102 , it was my first ‘real’ scope and I still love it . I hope you will have many successful nights viewing . 

Your dear wife is getting the professional care she needs John, and that is very important to you. It's very sad when these things happen to loved ones.      You've taken an important step in  returning to the forum, it will keep you involved in something else you obviously care a lot about, and that is going to keep you focused .

I add my 'welcome back' to those of all the other guys In this thread, you're in a good place here.  
Very best wishes to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived