Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

From The Soul to The Bat in HA

After some encouraging comments I've added to my previous widefield of Cepheus. Shot using a QHY163m, Baader 7nm Ha filter, Super Multi Coated Takumar 55 f/1.8 on an HEQ5. Detail overlaid from previous Nikkor ED 180 data. Processed using PI, Registar and PS.

This is a crop from around 10 panels and is definitely best viewed in full screen - native print size is around 5m wide so apologies in advance for the file size! ?

Thanks for looking - as I've said before it's full of faults (coma, undersampling etc) but I've had a lot of fun with it and really like the 'educational' perspective.

Soul-to-Bat-HA-Richard-Lawrence-Day.thumb.jpg.80de9a92307cb356f0132727cfb7aaa7.jpg

My pleasure and many thanks! I should have mentioned, the lens was at f/2.8, no problems with the filter. Around 15 X 600s went into each frame with the usual bias, flats and darks for calibration.

HTH

Rich

Archived