Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81 while I was sleeping *New Data added*

MikeD

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

I have been plugging away at this between the clouds over the last few weeks, 10 subs here 20 subs there.

So I now have 98 x 5 minute subs for the luminance

10570_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

the extra data has made for a much smother image, ready for some Ha and colour next.

Mike.

That's what you call SCALE! Great shot. As for dozing off, I nip inside for a catnap every now and then but set one of those ktchen timers to wake me up after half an hour or whatever. They're quick to set with no buttons to scroll through etc. You just twist them.

Olly.

Only just clapped eyes on this piccy Mike.

This is absolutely fantastic. Simply cant wait to see the colour + Ha added. It is by far the best M81 pic I can remember seeing. Such amazing detail in those dust lanes.

TJ

Thanks for the nuge TJ :hello2:

I did get the colour on Saturday but Had a bit of a nightmare with the flats for the green and red, which left two dust bunnies on the edge of the galaxy redid the flats but the dust is not in the imaging train anymore must have moved :D .

I do have 15 x 5 Min's for the blue and 5 x 15 Min's for the Ha, just need to redo the red and green when the moon goes away.

Mike.

Tj just pointed me in the direction of this post. Lovely image. Was wondering, is that cropped down at all? Then again the hx916 has quite a small chip doesn't it?

Great piece of work. Can't wait to see the colour. Go away Mr Moon.

Iain

Archived