SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Double stack my PST or save for the SM 60 11 scope?

Hi, i have the pst for over a year and i  want to upgrade to improve my solar experiens. The first  thing on my mind is the 40 mm double stack , becource i allready have a scope . But i can also save for the SM 60 11  with 10 mm BF. And  Sell or give away my pst. I hope someone can help me to make the best choice becource  solarviewing is still not cheep in EU. I do only visual. (the double stack is now € 750  in EU and the SM 11 60  10 mm BF  scope about €1250 in Some stores and i most maby also buy a better Tripod if i go for this scope but if iT is worth.......

Thanks!     especially for those who have all and can judge this better...

Andre

I have recently purchased Coronado Solarmax 11, single stack, with BF10

Club meet recently, had the Coronado set-up beside club PST 40mm, and the Solarmax  was far superior in viewing and tuning

Double stack, just change the HA filter range of both the PST and Coronado 

Double stack is not cheap either in Oz

What I do not like about the Coronado, is securing screws for BF filter are plastic

Scared of over tightening and snapping one, and not sure will support weight of a camera

The new Coronado Solarmax111, has done away with the tuner  lever, the Solarmax11 has, and mover tuner to the front of the scope, and now have fine and course tuning knobs

John

Coronado Solarmax 11 EQ5 mount.jpg

Hi, i think a while about  it and will go with the SM 2 60 10 BF . IT cost only €500 more then the 40 mm double stack now!.... no penta prism system anymore = witch can damage the resolution. Sharper image if i zoom in with my 8=24 mm zoom...  if the ITF BF get rusting  its more simple to replace. So, i think its   worth the upgrade! ( the new darker color of the scope is becource they add an extra layer for better Protection )

Archived