Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My effort from Derry last night - once I remembered to remove the cover from the field flattener. Doh.

I know the North America Nebula is done to death, but this is my first time imaging it, and also my first time trying the Triad filter with my Nikon. I'm in the middle of the city but I was able to take 5 min subs! I processed in PixInsight, but didn't even have to do background extraction. I used photometric colour calibration to restore natural colour and then just did a bit of mild tinkering. I'm impressed by the Triad filter on my first try.

Comments welcome - maybe I should try a star mask and try to bring out star colours?

Barry

22 X 5 min subs - 1hr 50min integration

PixInsight for calibration / registration / processing

Mount - Vixen AXD2

Scope - TEC 180FL

Camera - Nikon D750

NGC 7000 North America Nebula integration_photometric colour cal_curves.jpg

That's nice. Can't give any advice about the processing as i use PS mainly but i suppose more data may help with the star colour. Looks really clean for just under two hours. 

Maybe getting some short rgb subs for the stars would be the way to go.

It's an interesting filter, i have one of those duo narrowband filters on the way to me. Should you be processing the channels individually then combining them again like a typical SHO image?

1 minute ago, Laurin Dave said:

Lovely image and impressive results from the Triad filter. Did you get direct from OPT? 

Dave

Thanks Dave, yeah, I got it direct from OPT. I don’t think there’s any other option at the moment.

Barry

5 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

That's nice. Can't give any advice about the processing as i use PS mainly but i suppose more data may help with the star colour. Looks really clean for just under two hours. 

Maybe getting some short rgb subs for the stars would be the way to go.

It's an interesting filter, i have one of those duo narrowband filters on the way to me. Should you be processing the channels individually then combining them again like a typical SHO image?

That’s a good idea about the star colours - but it would mean significantly upping my game in PixInsight! I was so pleased with the Triad filter from a red zone, and similarly impressed with PI’s photometric colour calibration for restoring normal colour balance.

Barry

Archived